Great Barrier Reef Masters Games
Half Moon Bay is proud to once again be hosting Golf for the 2023 GBR Masters Games. This is our third time now and we look forward to catching up with all the returning competitors and meeting a whole lot of new golfers. This is three days of great competition and camaraderie that you won’t want to miss.
Thursday 25 May 2023
Friday 26 May 2023
Sunday 28 May 2023
#NOTE – Saturday 27 May – Golf for a Cure, a charity event that is not part of the GBRMG is pre-booked on location (for more details about this event please visit Half Moon Bay Golf Club | Cairn’s Friendliest Golf Club)
Thursday 25 May: 11:00am * commencing with a sausage sizzle then a shotgun start (Ambrose)
Friday 26 May: 7:00am – 1:00pm – either early to mid-morning or mid-morning to lunch starts (Individual Stableford day 1)
Sunday 28 May: 7:00am – 12:00pm – either early to mid-morning or mid-morning to lunch starts (Individual Stableford day 2)
Half Moon Bay Golf Club
66 Wattle Street, Yorkeys Knob
Minimum age for competition is 35 years. Age is determined as at 1 May 2023.
Men’s & Women’s Competition: 35-49, 50-69, 70-79, 80+
4 Person Ambrose Golf: 30+
A Grade Men up to 11.3 (0-10) Golf Australia (GA) handicap, A Grade Ladies up to 18.6 (21) GA Handica
B Grade Men 11.4 GA handicap to 18.3 (11-17) GA Handicap, Ladies 18.7 (22) GA Handicap to 30.0 (33) GA Handicap
C Grade Men 18.4 GA Handicap to 54.0 (18-36) GA Handicap, Ladies 30.1 (34) GA Handicap to 54.0 (45) GA Handicap
Blind and Low Vision Men
Blind and Low Vision Ladies
Blind and Low Vision Seniors (Mixed)
Please note: the handicaps have been updated in accordance with the World Handicapping System update on 27/1/2020.
Golfers entering in All Abilities
GBRMG were the first Masters Games to add a category for golfers with a disability to the schedule in 2019 for golfers with a physical, sensory or intellectual impairment, and it returns again in 2021. GBRMG will follow the European Disabled Golf Association’s guidelines for golf handicap categories. Please click here for the category definitions.
If you have any queries regarding your eligibility after reading the category definitions please contact Graham Bolton from All Abilities Golf on 0435 533 724.
World Blind Golf – Blind and Low Vision golfers
GBRMG is the first Masters Games to add a category for golfers who are blind and have low vision to the schedule, that allows anyone with a vision problem to be included, regardless of the type and extent of their eye issues.
If you have any queries regarding your entry for Blind or Low Vision Golf; please contact Neil Herdegen from World Blind Golf on 0423 234 843 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport Fee: $40 per player for Individual Stableford 2 day competition
*If you wish to participate in the Ambrose event on Thursday 20 May this is an extra $20 per player.
Games Registration Fee in addition to sport fee:
- Early Bird #1 – $69 per person (ends 31 Aug 2022)
- Early Bird #2 – $71 per person (ends 31 Dec 2022)
- Nominal Registration – $89 per person (ends 25 May 2023)
- Men’s 2 Day Individual Stableford – Disabled
- Women’s 2 Day Individual Stableford – Disabled
- 4 Person Ambrose Golf – Men’s & Women’s
- Men’s 2 Day Individual Stableford
- Women’s 2 Day Individual Stableford
If you are a player in need of an Ambrose team, please select the team named “I need an Ambrose Golf team” and use PIN 1234. The sport convenor will then allocate you to a team.
- Registrations close 13 May 2023
- A Grade Men up to 11.3 (0-10) Golf Australia (GA) handicap, A Grade Ladies up to 18.6 (21) GA Handicap
- B Grade Men 11.4 GA handicap to 18.3 (11-17) GA Handicap, Ladies 18.7 (22) GA Handicap to 30.0 (33) GA Handicap
- C Grade Men 18.4 GA Handicap to 54.0 (18-36) GA Handicap, Ladies 30.1 (34) GA Handicap to 54.0 (45) GA Handicap
- Blind and Low Vision Men Handicap, Blind and Low Vision Ladies Handicap and Blind and Low Vision Seniors (Mixed) Handicap players that have a regular Golf-link handicap will play using their current handicap.
- Blind and low visions players that do not have a Golf-link handicap will be assigned a temporary handicap of 54, however they will not be eligible for major prizes.
- If you have a partner(s) for the Ambrose event please mark on entry form. If you don’t have partners select ‘Default Team’ and we will organise a team for you.
- Presentation of medals will take place on Sunday afternoon/evening and will include a complimentary sausage sizzle.
- All Abilities and golfers with a disability can compete in the Disabled Golf and also be eligible for a Masters Games medal in A B or C Grade
- Blind and low vision golfers can compete in the World Blind Golf categories who self-identify as having a vision problem and can compete in multiple categories
- World Blind Golf caddies, need to register as a non-playing official – please note in your registration who you will be caddying for
- Motorised carts are available for booking at a cost of $16 per person per day. Carts are limited and must be booked and paid prior to the competition by calling Half Moon Bay Golf Club on (07) 4055 7933.
- The Rules of Golf as adopted by the Royal and Ancient Golf of St Andrews, Golf Australia and the local rules of the Half Moon Bay Golf Club will be the rules of play for the tournament.
- The Rules of Golf, for low vision and blind golfers entered in these categories will be as of the World Blind Golf system for the GBRMG tournament at the Half Moon Bay Club
- The competition is presented by the Half Moon Bay Golf Club and is supported by Golf Queensland.
Half Moon Bay Golf Club
Sport Coordinator: Tanya Maynard
Phone: 4055 7933