2019 Volkswagen Scramble
The timesheets is now open for our VW Scramble qualifier event on the 24th November. This popular event is a 4-Person Ambrose that usually fills up fast, so get your team together ASAP!
The Volkswagen Scramble is a pro amateur club team’s event which is managed by the PGA of Australia. Since the event commenced in 1992, the Scramble has become Australia’s largest and most successful pro-amateur team’s event. Now with 25 years of competition, and with over 1,000,000 players participating in over 10,000 events, the Scramble has cemented its position in the history books.
Averaging 450 local events are held each year at golf clubs all over Australia, with winners progressing to Regional Finals held at some of Australia’s premier golf courses.
Each team at the Regional Final teams up with their PGA Club Professional with the winners progressing to the Volkswagen Scramble Championship Final at Twin Waters Golf Club on the Sunshine Coast.
The Championship Final is the golfing experience of a lifetime, with four days of golf, social activities and the opportunity to play with a PGA Tour Professional, such as Rod Pampling, Stuart Appleby or Marcus Fraser, in the final round.
Stage 1 – Local Event
- Teams ambrose event played under the Volkswagen Scramble Elimination Style Format
- Teams of four (4) eligible amateurs
- All players must have a official Golf Australia Handicap
The number of local event participants registered determines the number of teams which qualify through to the Regional Final.
Below is the breakdown of this information:
- A minimum of 36 participants to send one team (Women’s Only Event)
- A minimum of 48 participants to send one team (Mixed Events)
- A minimum of 96 participants to send two teams (Women’s Only Event)
- A minimum of 108 participants to send two teams (Mixed Events)
- A minimum of 160 participants to send three teams
- A minimum of 212 participants to send four teams
Stage 2 – Regional Final
A PGA Club Professional joins each qualifying team to form a five-person team that will compete at a leading course around Australia*
- The winning team from each Regional Final qualifies to attend the Championship Final
*Once a player has qualified for a Regional Final he/she is no longer eligible to compete for prizes or regional qualification at another local event
Stage 3 – Championship Final
The Championship Final offers Regional Final winning teams the chance of a lifetime – to play with a PGA Tour Professional at Novotel Twin Waters Resort & Twin Waters Golf Club, one of Australia’s premier golf resorts, set up in full tournament conditions.
The Championship Final is approved for payment of expenses Rule 4-2g/GA/5/2018-19