Half Moon Bay Golf Course is not a long course, but its tight fairways make accuracy a premium. All holes can be birdied, but make errors and every hole can bite you! Here are some tips on how to play well at Half Moon Bay Golf Club.
- Hole 1: Beware of bunkers on the right hand side of the fairway. If your accurate with a driver it is safe to use it.
- Hole 2: Careful of the water on the right hand side for the longer drivers.
- Hole 3: Straight away par 3 with water and OOB on the left.
- Hole 4: Another straightaway par 3. Very hard to get up and down if you leave it right.
- Hole 5: Crucial that your tee shot is high side of fairway on this difficult par 4. A tee shot of 150m leaves 100m into a green surrounded on all sides by OOB. This is a visually daunting hole but the green is 30m wide.
- Hole 6: Cross winds prevail on this reachable in 2 par 5, but don’t go down the hill to the OOB. Behind the green is dead.
- Hole 7: A good par 4, finding the green is difficult, putting can be treacherous.
- Hole 8: Straightaway par 4, the only real danger is left.
- Hole 9: Par 3 with water front, rear and left! Bail out area on the right.
- Hole 10: Straightaway par 4, stay out of the bunkers front left and right of the green.
- Hole 11: Easy par 3 but can bite if the flag is attacked. If it’s left, stay right!
- Hole 12: Index No.1, undulating fairway. OOB all right hand side. Not easy.
- Hole 13: Dog leg right. Play tee to a maximum of 150m. OOB right hand side all the way and water down the left for the approach.
- Hole 14: Par 5 OOB right all the way. Easy tee shot but fairways narrow for the second shot with hazard left. Also OOB behind the green, but the view is beautiful.
- Hole 15: Difficult driving hole with hazard left and hill right side.
- Hole 16: Simple par 3. Trust the meterage, not your judgment.
- Hole 17: Double dog leg par 5 over the water. The smart player has already seen the pin position when playing the 11th!
- Hole 18: Sensible to lay up on this par 4, but if down by one it can be reached! Watch out for the bunkers short of the green.